Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hurricane


In light of the recent hurricane I thought I would share with you what we saw after Katrina.


In 2005 we spent Thanksgiving in Mississippi giving out much needed items. The aftermath of Katrina still very real. We went down into Waveland and Bay St. Louis. I am going to post a pic that touched me so greatly. This family lost everything but notice the scripture int he corner. Job 1:21

and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

This is the NIV translation. I can not imagine me having that kind of outlook. The book you see laying in front of the sign is a Bible we found laying right on the side of the road. We thought is would be very appropriate to put it in front of the sign. This is on the Waveland side of the beach. I have often wondered if that family is rebuilding there or have they moved somewhere else.
We took clothes, housewares, baby formula, hygiene kits, food I can't remember everything we took. We handed it out all weekend. I will have to tell you more about it and show you some more pictures.

No comments: