Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kroger's New Policy

I was shopping this last week and noticed that Kroger had a new sign up that says they will only double the first coupon on a product all others for the same product will not be doubled.

This week I tried out Ingles to see what kind of deals I could get there. I saved more there this week than I did Kroger. Ingles is a little strange on their coupon doubling policy so you have to watch that. Over all I will probably start shopping a little more at Ingles. They do have higher prices on some things.

I have always been loyal to Krogers but now I will be shopping where ever I get the best deals. I know that a while back they visited some blogs that I do. They found out how much everyone was saving in their stores and now a policy change. I think that is wrong. Groceries are going up so much that it is going to be hard on some people to eat. Changing policies so that it makes it harder for people to save on their groceries is just wrong.

I will be checking all my sale papers and when I am out and around that store that is where I will shop. Ingles has also started giving .10 cents off gas so that is appealing to our family.

Just my opinion on things. I am going to be changing some of the things we eat and making more from scratch. That way I can really cut back.

3 comments:

Carrie J said...

That is what I have decided to do as well. I wish I had gone ahead and used up some of my coupons before the change though. I haven't been back in Kroger since you told me about this.
Don't forget Fred's on Saturdays. They only double the first coupon as well, but they told me they were happy to process multiple orders. Also, they double up to .70. They have some frozen food as well. My only problem with them is they don't run as many sales as the others.

Ingles has worked well when they have a good sale. I have saved a lot there. And don't forget Bargin Barn. But cooking from scratch is the way to go I think. Better for our health in the long run too.
But I may miss that Sausage Gravy...sigh.

Carrie J said...

You know I meant Bargain Barn. Sheesh...

Unknown said...

Hi-- I saw your post on the moneysavingmom website. I live in Knoxville too. I just wanted to stop by and say "hi". I was also wondering which Kroger has changed its coupon policy?

Also do you know of any websites like moneysavingmom that focus more on East TN?

I don't update my blog very often but if you want to reply you can send me an email at
triciadeann31@aol.com