Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life on the Farm




We are loving the life on the farm. Hearing the roosters crowing sometimes as early as 4:00 am is kind of cool. They do not wake me up I just woke up and heard them. If I slept on the end that they are located they might wake me up. If walk outside here about 6:00 am you can hear roosters everywhere crowing it is so peaceful.

We are up to 42 chickens:
Barred rock hens 10
Rhode Island Red hens 7 Roo 1
Mutts hens 2 Roos 2
Buff Orpingtons hens 7 Roo 1
Black Jersey Giant hens 5
Ameracauna/mutt? 7 we think 2 maybe 3 might be roos too young to tell

I am getting some seedlings started in the house. I have started sweet basil, parsley, eggplant and a lettuce experiment. I will take some pictures and show. I will be trying some spinach and radish indoors tomorrow. I will do that then take a pic for here.

I just wanted to check in since I had not written in a while. I have some other things I want to write about I just need to find the time.
The pictures are of my two grandchildren. The Bishop and the Princess. You got to love them.









No comments: