Saturday, April 30, 2016

" The England Dinner" Food Review

Tonight for the England Dinner review we will take a look at " RJs Courtyard Restaurant on the Airport Hwy in Alcoa, Tn.

RJs could easily be considered a somewhat mid-scale restaurant which appears to be clean and very nice from outside. You find the same inside as well and it seemed to be larger than it's outward appearance. They also have an easy to read menu that is not cluttered at all along with moderate but reasonable pricing.

This was our first time at RJs and there were many items that caught our eye , tonight we were both in the mood for a nice steak. We started out with fried mushrooms. I measure the mushrooms to one and only one restaurant located in Halls. If you've eaten there and like mushrooms you know this place. RJs were there as far as taste goes but they fall short on quantity for the price. Ok I'm spoiled, I get twice as many for the same price at my mushroom fav.

We both had the 10oz.Top Sirloin, the wife's being well and mine of course being rare.
This is where I wish I could start bragging on the wonderful qualities of a beautiful and perfectly prepared steak. Well that's not happening tonight folks.
These were two of the toughest and driest steaks I believe I can remember ever having. You can fix a steak that is cooked wrong but when it is dry and tough that is the quality of the beef used. When you are a rare steak eater and you have to saw the steak and it looks dry, you know you're going to have a bad steak. I felt even worse for my wife because hers was well.

I will say , the Spinach Maria was vey good and the waitress provided excellent service.

The only saving grace for RJs comes from the comments from the others at our table on their meal.

I can tell you that " Blackened Grouper" "Grilled Chicken" "Ground Angus Steak" "Coconut Chicken Tenders" and the "Rocky Top Burger"
all scored much greater than the "Top Sirloin". As a matter of fact my wife made the comment that her "Double Burger" from Wendy's Friday night was better.

While we will give RJs another chance, it won't be with a steak.
Our rating on this trip would be pushing a 3/5.

No comments: